You can arrange your lesson at a time that suits you – generally between 9am – 6pm Monday – Friday, and 9am – 1pm on Saturdays. You can be picked up from home, work, school or any other local place you choose.
If it’s your first lesson and you haven’t driven before, you’ll start off in an area where you’ll be able to begin driving safely. If you already have some experience, your first lesson will be used to assess what you already know.
After that, the lessons will be planned for you personally, so that each time you’ll be adding to the skills that you already have. You could be working on left and right turns, pedestrian crossings, roundabouts, junctions, parking …. At the beginning of each lesson I’ll show you the theory, using diagrams, and then you’ll have the chance to practise.
Remember, you’ll need your provisional license before you can have your first lesson, so make sure you apply in good time (it can take around 3 weeks to arrive). Click HERE to find out about getting your provisional license.
We are following DVSA guidelines to minimise the risk from COVID-19. Precautions include the following:
- Any surfaces which pupils or the instructor may touch are cleaned thoroughly between lessons
- Both instructor and pupil will wear a mask
- Before your lesson you will be asked to declare that you are free of symptoms
- We will take your temperature before each lesson
- You should wash your hands before the lesson; sanitiser is available in the car
- The windows will be open during the lesson, so you should dress appropriately